List:       lenya-user
Subject:    Re: Lenya mastering
From:       Richard Frovarp <richard.frovarp () sendit ! nodak ! edu>
Date:       2008-12-08 20:41:40

Daniel Bruessler wrote:
> Hello Richard,
>
> question: is it the only thing you did that you switched off the
> security manager?
>
> I saw that there's Tomcat 6.0 when you install NetBeans full version.
>
> Cheers!
> Daniel

If you mean didn't turn on, yeah that would be correct. I don't see
anything about turning off the security manager, I only see stuff about
turning it on if you want it. I didn't turn it on, if it is on by
default in 6.0, then I am missing something in my documentation.

I had to configure it to have endorsed dir support.

My notes:

Tomcat 6 doesn't ship with endorsed dir support by default, and the
startup script as configured doesn't do anything about it.

1) mkdir /usr/local/tomcat/endorsed
2) Edit /etc/inid.d/tomcat
    a) JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS=$CATALINA_HOME/endorsed
    b) Add to CATALINA_OPTS: -Djava.endorsed.dirs=$JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS

Now Lenya/Cocoon can used endorsed dirs to override jdk libraries with
their own.

What's in there:
jakarta-bcel-20040329.jar
jakarta-regexp-1.5.jar