List:       lenya-user
Subject:    Re: Newbie to Content Management - General Question
From:       Andreas Hartmann <andreas () apache ! org>
Date:       2008-12-07 10:07:55

Hi André,

Florent André schrieb:
>> Another question is the amount of documents you want to manage. Lenya is
>> targeted for websites, so typical installations contain a couple of
>> thousand documents. If you need to store hundreds of thousands or even
>> millions of documents, you'd have to use a custom repository with Lenya
>> (e.g., a JCR-based one), which will require quite a lot of customization
>> work.
>>

> I have a trouble remember : It seems to me that I see a way (in
> cocoon.xconf or lenya.xmap (a trouble remember i said !: )) to configure a
> jcr repository... I dreamed or not ?

you didn't :)
We once started a JCR integration, but it is not feature-complete and
has not been tested in production.

> What kind of "customization" we have to do for enable a jcr repository ?

Basically you'd have to implement a custom NodeFactory and the related
classes.

> Is it documented ?

What do you mean here? JCR is documented (you can download the complete
spec), the customization for Lenya is not documented.

> Stable ?

The stability of the JCR repository depends on the particular
implementation. The Lenya integration is not stable.

> howww ! I heard a beer cry ! It's time to do some arm muscle building ! :)

:)

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO