List:       lenya-dev
Subject:    Re: Test compile branch_2_0_X on Windows and Mac
From:       Rainer_Schöpf <rainer.schoepf () gmx ! net>
Date:       2011-01-09 21:05:35

Hi Florent,

 > Thanks for solve it Rainer, and during the look at this, a question come
 > to me :
 >
 > - Why we have this patches/bug45488.patch applying during the build ? We
 > can't apply it on the code and commit it as usual ?

Because the files to patch reside in the kupu repository. The patch tells kupu
to follow the html strict rules when editing. The "correct" way would have been
to contact the kupu developers and have them apply the patches.

 > - Files [1] where the patch apply seems to be "from Lenya"... but there
 > is not Apache licence on it... This is "normal" ?

No, they are from kupu:

$ svn propget svn:externals src/modules/kupu/resources
kupu http://codespeak.net/svn/kupu/branch/kupu-1.2

 > - There is kupumacros.html.rej & xmlconfig.kupu.rej in svn, and they are
 > files issued from patch problem. (suppress in svn in next commit).

These .rej files are not in the svn:

$ svn info src/modules/kupu/resources/kupu/apache-lenya/kupu/kupumacros.html.rej
src/modules/kupu/resources/kupu/apache-lenya/kupu/kupumacros.html.rej:  (Not a versioned resource)

When you run the build process more than once, patch detects that the patch has
already been applied and copies the failed lines into kupumacros.html.rej &
xmlconfig.kupu.rej. This is unfortunate, but harmless.

 > [1]
 > BRANCH_2_0_X/src/modules/kupu/resources/kupu/apache-lenya/kupu/kupumacros.html
 > BRANCH_2_0_X/src/modules/kupu/resources/kupu/apache-lenya/kupu/xmlconfig.kupu

2.0.4 will be the last release with kupu in it, so I wouldn't worry about this.

  Rainer