List:       leaf-user
Subject:    Re: [leaf-user] is first login with SSH possible with no password ?
From:       jean-roch blais <blaisjeanroch () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-08-22 22:15:37

Hello Erich, List,

Yes I agree to all the points you make, but the question here was simply to
be able to do an initial login using ssh with an empty password, without
having to use a console. Doing it this way I don't have to install a
console on the Raspberry PI, which means no "3.3v TTL to usb" board or
cable, and no wiring, no screen session on the PC etc etc... it's a lot
simpler even if you feel it sounds complicated :-) !

I have to do that only once, the first time I log in, and once logged in I
set the passwords for the OS and Webmin. Then, for instance, I can do
ssh-copy-id from a couple of clients to get the keys in
/.ssh/authorized_keys, which I did. From then on, you are free to do all
the wise moves you want :-) !

Commenting out eth1 in /etc/network/interfaces insures that there will be
no address conflict with my Apu2c2 firewall which has internal address
192.168.1.254 .

cheers
jrb.