List:       leaf-user
Subject:    Re: [leaf-user] Problem with buildtool.pl and Config::General
From:       Harry Lachanas <grharry () freemail ! gr>
Date:       2007-07-18 6:12:53

> Hi guys,
>
> I've just run up a bare debian-40r0 machine and grabbed buildtool from cvs.

I am using build env on debian etch also
No problems except the compiler gcc I've installed gcc-3.4

> When I try and run buildtool.pl build buildenv I get the following error
>
> debian:~/src/bering-uclibc/buildtool> ./buildtool.pl build buildenv
> Undefined subroutine &main::ParseConfig called at ./buildtool.pl line 48.
>
> I made sure I installed Config::General
>
> perl -MCPAN -e 'install Config::General'
> CPAN: Storable loaded ok
> Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
>   Database was generated on Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:50:42 GMT
> Config::General is up to date.

Debian install problems:
a) apt-cache search config general
will give u a list of options one of which is
libconfig-general-perl - Generic Configuration Module

apt-get install libconfig-general-perl

this way it will be installed and be available on the system not on the
user,
also apt-get will install any dependencies required on your system to
have libconfig-general-perl.

I am not a perl expert but this is the way I did it on my debian system.

Regards,
Harry