List:       leaf-user
Subject:    Re: [leaf-user] Accessing SNMP on ADSL modem
From:       Tom Eastep <teastep () shorewall ! net>
Date:       2003-09-30 17:10:56

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 22:08, AdStar wrote:
> AHHHHHHHHHHHHH I spoke too soon.
>
> It seems to work after cycling my adsl modem, but then give it a couple of
> minutes and it stops working. :(
>
> Would I have to set a default route in the configuration on my adsl modem?

Again -- I suggest that you find out what is really happening by using
tcpdump rather than guessing and blindly hacking your configuration.
Routes and Shorewall rules are static -- they either work or they don't
and they do not produce the kind of "now it works, now it doesn't"
pattern that you are seeing.

You don't happen to have both of the firewall NICs connected to the same
HUB/Switch do you?

-Tom
Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ teastep@shorewall.net