List:       leaf-user
Subject:    [leaf-user] Shorewall firewall logs question
From:       Troy Aden <Troy.Aden () VCom ! com>
Date:       2003-09-29 0:31:38

I have a quick shorewall question.
I am receiving around 500 hits a day from bit torrent ports. (6881 - 6889).
These are flooding my firewall logs and I would like to stop logging hits on
these ports.
I would like to continue with logging the hits on any other ports however.
Is there a way to tell shorewall to simply DROP and not log these hits and
continue to log all the rest?

Just a word of warning to all of you considering using bit torrent, do not
open any ports to help to facilitate file sharing. (6881-6889)
Their servers will never leave you alone. It has been a week since I ran the
app and my firewall is still being pounded with requests. (500 to 800 hits a
day!)

Thanks in advance.

Troy