List:       leaf-user
Subject:    Re: [leaf-user] separate mail routing on two LANs on shared ISP Link
From:       Lynn Avants <avants () guitarlynn ! homelinux ! org>
Date:       2003-06-30 5:46:38

On Sunday 29 June 2003 06:28 pm, Nyawallow James wrote:
> Hi Steve,
> I am actually running the setup below (on LAN# 1) on Dachstein Kernel
> 2.2.19 based disk image v 1.0.2 and would definitely prefer to continue
> with it but would not mind using a different leaf image if advisable. The
> issues I raised were because I noticed (if am right) that on Dachstein, I
> have to configure which IP is my external IP (single IP) for portfw while
> and which internal IP & Port  to forward services to (yet I need two ext
> IPs and Int IPs).

You can have more than one external ip address (extra's go in
ETH0_EXTRA-ADDRESS="" variable). You port forward by ip address, so
if you specify the proper addresses going in and out, this is entirely
possible.

> I also noticed that I specify which is my Int LAN IPs for
> NAT (again I only noticed 1 network range space when I need two). **Am
> assuming I will be using portfw to forward smtp & http for the two domains
> to their respective mail and webservers.

You can easily add extra internal networks/subnets as well by configuring
the interfaces with the proper information and adding the extra internal
interfaces to the variables:
INTERN_IF="eth1"
INTERN_NET=192.168.1.0/24
INTERN_IP=192.168.1.254

> These were the reasons coupled with the fact that I had tried multihoming
> on either interface e0 and e1 without success.

IIRC, multi-homing w/Dachstein wasn't much fun, though possible as well.

I hope this helps!
--
~Lynn Avants
Linux Embedded Appliance Firewall Developer