List:       leaf-devel
Subject:    Re: [leaf-devel] Fwd: [leaf:bering-uclibc] New commit [a5de4c] by kapeka
From:       Erich Titl <erich.titl () think ! ch>
Date:       2017-10-19 13:10:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi KP

Am 19.10.2017 um 15:04 schrieb KP Kirchdoerfer via leaf-devel:
> On Do, 2017-10-19 at 14:44 +0200, Erich Titl wrote:
>> Hi KP
>>
>> Am 19.10.2017 um 14:36 schrieb KP Kirchdoerfer via leaf-devel:
>>> Hi Erich;

>>> I'm working on it; pls doublecheck the commits (if available)
>>
>> Might be easier if we had hostapd in git as a subproject :-)
>>
> I understand what you refer to :)
> But I doubt this would have helped. The patches are the rebased ones
> for 2.6, a subproject would have all (unstable) commits for upcoming
> version.

Very unfortunate, I would have betted that Jouni would branch off
2.6-stable and apply the patches there. I guess he probably did and we
don't quite understand the git repository. But when it come to us I
despise to keep all those patches and tarballs and apply them at each
recompile. Why can't we just apply them once for good, keep the unpacked
source in the repo and use git to handle the diffs. If a new 2.7 pops up
then just switch branches e.t.c.

I believe this would make the build process a lot easier, but that is
another story.

cheers

ET

> kp

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]