List:       leaf-devel
Subject:    [leaf-devel] webconf
From:       Erich Titl <erich.titl () think ! ch>
Date:       2014-12-12 15:29:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi folks

I am about to give webconf a more consistant look and trying to do some
facelifting. This is more demanding than I expected, as every developer
added his own style, in coding and design (so did I). The most demanding
aspect of all appears to be the overwhelming code obfuscation and lack
of comments I found in most of the web pages. I know that nifty coding
is a sweet low hanging fruit but in web pages it makes it close to
impossible to follow up to just small changes in the underlying CLI. So
I found a few pages to be completetly inconsistant and ugly.

The real thing would be to rewrite the whole shebang with some kind of a
framework, I did NOT (was not frustrated enough yet). I got rid of a
number of crufty things and especially I would like to drop config.cgi
alltogether, as it does not provide anything useful to the web interface.=

The current status in the config branch should hold my work just for the
webconf package. I will try to extend this to all the pages in lwp one
by one in the hope that others will pick up and add their own pages.
Please keep them simple.

<KP>
I believe you added some IPv6 stuff. I have no access to IPv6 nor do I
understand anything about it. Do you think it is possible to include it
in the interface configuration page and if so could you give some guidanc=
</KP>

Thanks

Erich

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]