List:       leaf-devel
Subject:    Re: [leaf-devel] atheros driver channels bering 5.01
From:       Erich Titl <erich.titl () think ! ch>
Date:       2014-02-11 20:24:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi KP

on 11.02.2014 17:45, KP Kirchdörfer wrote:
> Hi Erich;
>
> Am Dienstag, 11. Februar 2014, 14:09:34 schrieb Erich Titl:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have successfully loaded the driver for my atheros card, but it
> > appears there are a few glitches in the reulatory domain field. Some of
> > you may remember the thread
> > "Wifi on BuC 4.3.1"
> >
> > [   60.288494] WARNING: at
> > /opt/buildtool-5/source/i486-unknown-linux-uclibc/linux/linux-3.4/net/wirele
> > ss/reg.c:401 regulatory_init+0x92/0x103 [cfg80211]()
> > [   60.289581] db.txt is empty, you should update it...
> >
> > It appears that the regulatory db used is empty, so we cannot use it.

> I've downloaded a recent wireless-regdb file and enabled it in buildtool.mk
>
> bzcat $(WIRELESS_REGDB) | tar -xvf -                                                \
>  cp $(WIRELESS_REGDB:.tar.bz2=)/db.txt linux/net/wireless
>

> But the second commit is just a patch and in now way integrated into
> buildtool.
> I'm also not shure if it still applies.

I would guess it does, as it allows to

> My intention is to release a 5.0.3-rc1 next weekend, but will wait if you need
> some more time to rework/test the patch and commit a version that applies
> without pb. Otherwise we may add it until 5.0.3 final.
> Can you  test the patch with next major version (kernel 3.10) please?

I can try, but it will take a long time until I get a somewhat running

> Anyway, it looks to me we should first help you to get back on track with git
> repositories and the toolchain, as we do need your experience and help for
> freeswan/libreswan as well :)

Very definitely, but just setting up another copy will loose even more
work. I have no clue why my local repository gets that awfully out of
sync all the time. Either there is a mismatch with my

> Hopefully Yves will take care about your git questions and Andrew for the
> toolchain.
>
> My suggestion is that you put away some diskspace and start from scratch...
> And if you still have pb's with the toolchain, are you able to work with
> virtual environment - I did that with virtualbox for 4.x the last two years.
> kp

Actually my system is a virtual machine. Unfortunately hardly ever
patched and just running on a equally antiquated XEN host system. I
don't have enough memory on that system to run another virtual machine
on that host.

I would love to get rid of the git issues first. They have become worse
after a recent pull. I always thought that would reset me to the current
head, but no joy. Let's first see if Yves finds a way to get my
repository up to date. I need to pull a few things from there.

In the meantime I will see if I can get a virtual box up and running.

cheers

Erich

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]