List:       leaf-devel
Subject:    Re: [leaf-devel] Problem compiling
From:       KP Kirchdoerfer <kapeka () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2013-02-18 18:43:58

Hi;

Am 18.02.2013 19:04, schrieb Hervé Delmas:
> Thank you for the answer :-)
>
> Yes I have downloaded and compiled the Bering uClibc 5.x.
>
> I am using ubuntu 12.04LTS and the 5.x toolchain compiled like a charm.

Great - (btw: you'll won't have any benefit of a VM appliance from now
on :))

> The thing that stop me before it is because I don't catch where to work.
> For example,  I have tried to touch dnsmasq-2.63.tar.gz in the "repo" or
> in "source" and I have tried to touch "*.c" in  "dnsmasq-2.63/src", but
> every times I tried to rebuild the package, nothing compile.
>

>         ./buildtool.pl build dnsmasq
>         make the list of required source packages:  nothing to do [0.K.]
>         make the list of required build packages:  nothing to do [0.K.]

Yep; we are working with a debian-like approach: apply patches to a
source first and compile thereafter.

Create a patch for your changes to dnsmasq.c (or whatever)  - look for
examples in the shorewall repo,
add the patch file in dnsmasq/buildtool.cfg (<file> declarations) and
apply the patch in dnsmasq/buildtool.mk (again see
shorewall/buildtool.mk for an example)

Also have a look with ls -al into repo/dnsmasq and soure/i486.../dnsmasq
to see how we use linked files in our buildenv.
Rule of thumb: new files have to go to repo/[package]...

hth
kp