List:       leaf-devel
Subject:    [leaf-devel] BuC next - Successful build of ARM toolchain
From:       davidMbrooke <leaf () davidmbrooke ! co ! uk>
Date:       2012-03-31 22:14:07

Hi all,

I *finally* got my ARM toolchain to compile! Seems there are some issues
with NPTL on ARM (both for uClibc 0.9.32.1 and 0.9.33) so I have
reverted to the "new" pthread implementation for now (only for armv6;
i486 still uses NPTL). A couple of minor fixes were required in
toolchain/buildtool.mk plus some configuration tweaks elsewhere.

I have uploaded my kernel and uClibc config files to Git in case anyone
else wants to try building an ARM toolchain intended for the Raspberry
Pi. I have also updated the Wiki page. Should be a simple case of:
    buildtool.pl -t armv6-unknown-linux-uclibcgnueabi build toolchain

I am still working on the ac_cv_* settings in make/MasterInclude.mk so
there are some Package build failures because of that. Nonetheless it is
encouraging to find that around 80% of the Packages build OK, just not
the important ones... :-)

david