List:       leaf-devel
Subject:    Re: [leaf-devel] BuC next - dhcpd build fixed
From:       KP Kirchdoerfer <kapeka () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2012-03-19 15:33:28

Am 18.03.2012 17:18, schrieb Yves Blusseau:
> Really good news !
>
> Thanks a lot david an kp !

Don't forget Andrew!

> When do you think you will merge the 'next' branch onto 'master' ?

Speaking for myself, support for other CPU's than x86 is one of our
major targets for the 5.x series. So the kernel and uClibc updates
should be seen as building steps to alleviate reaching the goal, though
they are interesting and useful itself.

While it's a good sign that a build from git branch runs well on a X86
processor, and we didn't break, what we have accomplished in the past,
I'm not in hurry and willing to wait for toolchain improvements to
support one or more architectures than only X86.

Also the current 4.x series is in a good shape, and given a careful
maintenance it gives us enough time to work a bit more on the next branch.

With the two git branches around, it's easy to work on "next" and
maintain "master" - I believe merging in the near future will raise more
problems than it solves.

YMMV
kp