List:       leaf-devel
Subject:    [leaf-devel] [ leaf-Support Requests-762274 ] USB Floppy drive conflict
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2003-06-28 6:37:29

Support Requests item #762274, was opened at 2003-06-28 06:37
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=213751&aid=762274&group_id=13751

Category: Release/Branch: Bering
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi.  I am using a laptop to create a bering leaf v1.2 with
kernel 2.4.20.

I am required to use a USB floppy drive to make the
diskette.  The problem I am having is during the bering
setup where it writes the disk, it prompts that there are
sector and track errors on the floppy.

I tried the same floppy in my desktop machine and it
wrote the disk just fine.

Has there been issues reported to where images cannot
be made using a USB floppy drive?  I find this puzzling.

I checked my USB floppy drive and it accesses files
fine.  It will format through the Windows formatter just
fine as well.

This problem occurs also if I attempt to format the disk
using WinImage.

Any suggestions?