List:       ldap
Subject:    [ldap] Re: Search filter ? wildcard
From:       "Dustin Puryear" <dustin () puryear-it ! com>
Date:       2007-04-29 18:26:00

I know that OpenLDAP supports regex within ACLs, but I don't think there
is support for a regex in a filter. (Vanilla LDAP definitely does not
support this.) Who knows though? There may be a patch out there for it
floating around.

Anyway, give a few examples of what you are trying to do. Perhaps you
are looking at this from the wrong angle.

---
Puryear Information Technology, LLC
Baton Rouge, LA * 225-706-8414
http://www.puryear-it.com

Author:
   "Best Practices for Managing Linux and UNIX Servers"
   "Spam Fighting and Email Security in the 21st Century"

Download your free copies:
   http://www.puryear-it.com/publications.htm

Alina Dubrovska wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is it possible to create a filter for LDAP search containing a wildcard:
> ?  (matches zero or one character)
>
> As far as I see there is only * (zero or more) wildcard defined in
> related RFCs.
> Maybe there is some trick to achive such a behaviour?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Alina.
> --- You are currently subscribed to ldap@umich.edu as:
> message.