List:       ldap
Subject:    [ldap] Re: LDAP, amavisd, mail vs. mailLocalAddress
From:       Giovanni Baruzzi <giovanni.baruzzi () syntlogo ! de>
Date:       2005-07-22 4:59:30

Frankly, between all possible solutions this the most bad.
Tjhere should be a process somewhere filling the one odress. I may thing
it would be possible to force this process to fill at the same time the
other attribute or just to fill this latter instead. But modify a
standard to fit your needs is a very, very bad idea

Giovanni

Matt Juszczak wrote:
> > The mailLocalAddress is the addresses for which that object/account
> > should receive mail, to be delivered to mailRoutingAddress.  mail is the
> > addresses of a object/user/person - as meant to be presented to
> > users/people.  The distinction is subtle but important;  the former is
> > meant for use by the MTA and the second by MUAs.  Just copy
> > mailLocalAddress values into mail if in your case these two sets of values
> > are always the same (in many cases they are not).
>
> Our information changes every minute, as we're a hefty ISP.  To copy the
> mailLocalAddress attributes to the mail attributes would just take too
> long.  I just went ahead and modified the MUST portion of the schema to be
> mailLocalAddress.  Since amavisd lets you set the query_filter, this seems
> to be an OK and compliant change.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Regards,
>
> Matt