List:       ldap
Subject:    [ldap] Re: Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
From:       "Dylan Browne" <dylan.browne () tiscali ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-04-23 16:38:06

Just FYI I posted something similar earlier in the week. Ive virtually given
up on trying to find the reason/cause and am coding my application to bypass
the problematic circumstances. Its prompted silence from most of the forums
Ive posted it on, which I guess means no-one else has much more of a clue
than I do. Strange prob tho, which I am trying to ignore before I pull any
more of my hair out......

FWIW original post :

------------------------------------

      Performing wildcard searches using Sun One 5.2 DS gives some
unexpected results.

      For example, a search for an inetorgperson using the filter:

      pager=*9

      returns some results that have no pager value set (aswell as the
correct results ending in '9').

      the filter

      pager=*8

      returns a different subset of entries that have no pager value set
(aswell as the correct values ending in '8')

      the filer

      pager=*a

      correctly returns no entries.

      So does the single int after the wildcard act as a modifier in these
searches somehow?

      Thanks in adavnce for any help.

      DB

---