List:       ldap
Subject:    [ldap] Tired old NTLM question
From:       Tod Thomas <tthomas () chubb ! com>
Date:       2003-12-11 19:24:05

Is there a way I can, within a windows XP client environment, provide
*seemless* user authentication via LDAP?  I've looked at the Apache mod
auth_ldap which works fine, but one of the customer's requirements is
that under no circumstances should the user be required to authenticate
again once they've logged onto their workstation.

mod_ntlm has limitations, and is insufficient security wise.  I thought
of using a proxy solution like squid, but that just transfers the NTLM
challenge/response from the web server to the proxy.  I need a solution
that uses LDAP, preferably requiring minimal development time
on my part.

Any ideas?

Thanks - Tod (Sorry for cross posting)

---