List:       ldap
Subject:    [ldap] LDAP, Netscape, Outlook and utf8
From:       Radoy Pavlov <pavlov () euroscript-ls ! de>
Date:       2003-03-26 16:43:39

Hello,

we have two LDAP 1.x version servers and we're using one for Netscape
and one for Outlook. The reason to use two servers is that we have many
employees having umlauts (φόδ) and similar chars in their names and the
well known issue that Netscape and Outlook use different encodings. Now,
we've been using home-made script to translate those databases and it
works perfectly.

My question is: Is there a way to make this work with one database only
? Upgrade to version 2.x ? Will this help resolving the issue with
Netscape and Outlook ? We're looking forward to use the database in
other projects too, but I dont like the idea of using two databases.

Thanks,
Radoy

---
You are currently subscribed to ldap@umich.edu as: [ldap@progressive-comp.com]