List:       ldap
Subject:    [ldap] new bie : User not in Admin Group
From:       "Sunil Choudhary" <sunil.choudhary () nucleussoftware ! com>
Date:       2002-11-26 17:48:07

Hi LDAPian,

This is one of those new bie " stuck "mails.
 (I am sorry if it is a bit lengthy but I have wriiten all I have done. )

I have installed iplanet 5 on my machine and that I am  able to start (on
win nt server ) things  the processess
(Albeit  iAS administration tool. gives an error as  Cannot login.but it
didnt stop me from altering a  sample LdapAdmin.java file ( file attached)
to have a main method and am calling it from the dos prompt   from server as

 D:\iplanet\ias6\ias\ias-samples\bank\src\com\iplanet\ias\bank\ldap>java
LdapCash

It shows that the connnection is Ok
but still it shows no data ( LDAPAdmin: User not in Admin Group)

Possibilities are
1) The search critaria is somewhat.. flawed.hence no records (I have tried a
lot of permutations and combinations without success)
2) Access permissions need to be set.
3) Only you and our LDAP gods know  why this is not giving any record.

                                  Can you please help me if it is third
option.

Regards
Sunil Choudhary
PS : Please forward any good reference links for  ldap. I am attaching my
error log. for LdapCash.java file.
On running the LdapCash.java at dos prompt it is giving error as

D:\iplanet\ias6\ias\ias-samples\bank\src\com\iplanet\ias\bank\ldap>java
LdapCash

D:\iplanet\ias6\ias\ias-samples\bank\src\com\iplanet\ias\bank\ldap>java
LdapCash
Starting ..................
Creating LDAP Connection
LDAP Connection Created
Created successfully
Address of LDAP Cash ObjectLdapCash@ed465
1************* userDN is uid=admin,ou=people
2************* filter is (this is =uid=admin,ou=people)
3************* cons is LDAPSearchConstraints {LDAPConstraints {time limit 0,
referra
ls false, hop limit 5, bind_proc null, rebind_proc null} size limit 1000,
server tim
e limit 0, aliases 0, batch size 1}
4************* BASE_GROUP_DN is (this is BASE_GROUP_DN:::cn=HR
Managers,ou=groups,dc
=siroe,dc=com)
4************* LDAPConnection.SCOPE_SUB is (this is
LDAPConnection.SCOPE_SUB:::2)
lsr 5************* netscape.ldap.LDAPSearchResults@5483cd
ERROR: LDAPAdmin: User not in Admin Group
null

["LdapCash.java" (java/*)]
["LdapCash.class" (java/*)]

---