List:       ldap
Subject:    [ldap] Do LDAP directories normally support a "last changed date/time" attribute?
From:       David.Tao () smed ! com
Date:       2002-10-31 22:18:58

Does the LDAP standard provide for a "last changed date/time" attribute for
entries such as person (or org person or inetOrgPerson)?  I am doing
analysis for an application which would greatly benefit if it could read
the last date and time that a user's information was changed.  This
application is supposed to work with LDAP directories from different
vendors, belonging to different companies, and we probably don't have the
luxury of making them change their scheme to include this attribute if it
isn't already there.

Even if this attribute turns out to not be in a standard schema, perhaps it
is stored by default in vendor-specific implementations (Novell, Netscape,
IBM, Microsoft, Siemens, OpenLDAP, etc.).  If anyone knows about how (or
if) this attribute is typically stored in LDAP directories, I would
appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you.

David Tao

Health Services Corporation and are intended only for the addressee(s).
otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to CSOffice@smed.com.  Thank you

---
You are currently subscribed to ldap@umich.edu as: [ldap@progressive-comp.com]