List:       ldap
Subject:    [ldap] Re: LDAP bitwise field
From:       Jim Willeke <jim () willeke ! com>
Date:       2002-07-27 7:21:11

Okay here is what we are using. Comments and suggestions are always
appreciated.
http://www.directory-info.com/Architecture/Schemas/dicApplicationSchema.html

We have written a Java Application that will probably become a servlet
to create, remove and modify the "application" objects. It will be a
while until it is finished, as it is not on a high priority list, yet,
and the current project goes in production this weekend.
-jim

Steve Harris wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm toying with ideas on how to implement something.  I need to add
> records to an LDAP database which will have category information.  I'm
> thinking of implementing the categories in one bitwise type field
> instead of having a Y/N field for each category.  No problem with that
> but I must then apply ACI's to secure the data so, for example, only
> users who are allowed to see category A records are allowed.  The
> security set-up for this using a separate field for each category is
> not to bad but I was wondering if anyone has attempted the same sort
> of thing using a bitwise implemented field and how difficult you found
> it - pitfalls etc... ?
>
> Cheers - Steve Harris
>

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to ldap@umich.edu as: [jim@willeke.com]
> UNSUBSCRIBE as the SUBJECT of the message.

---
You are currently subscribed to ldap@umich.edu as: [ldap@progressive-comp.com]