List:       ldap
Subject:    ldap_delete: Operation not allowed on nonleaf
From:       "Anish S. Karmarkar" <AKARMARK () us ! oracle ! com>
Date:       1998-06-25 20:38:40

Hi,

Is there a fix for the problem of not being able to delete an entry which
used
to have children in the past, but does not anymore?

eg: if I have an entry cn=bozo,o=org,c=us , which I delete.  The entry
o=org,c=us does not have any children now.  If then I try to delete
o=org,c=us
it gives me the error - ldap_delete: Operation not allowed on nonleaf

I looked at the archives, and saw a few mail on this problem but no fix.  Is
there a patch for this or do I have to regenerate my files everytime?

Any help appreciated.

Anish Karmarkar                                          1000 SW Broadway
akarmark@us.oracle.com                                   Suite 1200
(503)220-5145                                            Portland, OR 97205