List:       ldap
Subject:    Re: access list order
From:       Kai Qu <ee_kuq () sal ! lamar ! edu>
Date:       1998-05-27 18:53:03

hi,

very right! thanks.

I know your analysis is right because when I put more access clause, I can
exchange the relative position (within the constrain of the
"specific-ness rule", of course) of other clauses, but not the first one.
Also, if I use "defaultaccess read", everything is also fine.

So, I conludes that if I keep the first clause always having "by * read" as
the last item (if no one, I can always make one, it is more restrictive
than "defaultaccess read").

However, this raises another question: why "read entry" is enough for
write? On the other hand, why "compare" does not need "compare entry"?
--as your suggestion implies.

thanks!!

Kai