List:       ldap
Subject:    adding entries (both ud and MaX500) ...also Partial Results problem...
From:       darrellb <darrellb () hhcl ! com>
Date:       1998-02-22 13:11:13

I feel I'm missing something very basic here...

Running wither Max.500 or ud as a client, and binding as the administrator, I
can only add *groups*, not persons...

in Max.500, when I choose New Entry... there is a pop-up list of entities
which can be created, which only shows Groups...in ud there is no also no
option for Persons...

I am really not understanding something very basic here? Surely ldif2ldbm and
its command-line friends aren't the only way to add users?

Also, while (sort-of) on the topic, I have a very simple slapd.conf, with no
referrals set up..however when playing around with NS as a client, I often
receive an alert 'Partial results and referral received', which Netscape
considers an error...I also get this in ud...given that I don't (at the
moment) WANT to do referrals, and wasn't aware thet I'd enabled them anywhere,
where do I change the config to disable them?

thnx (sorry for all the basic questions, but I can't find any useful tutorial
info anywhere)