List:       lbd
Subject:    [Lbd] Problems with LBD/FS
From:       Jason Giglio <jgiglio () netmar ! com>
Date:       2004-11-03 16:17:45

OK here is the situation:

White Box EL3, Kernel 2.6.9 with 3w-9xxx for a 3ware 9000 series 12 port
SATA card.

Compiled kernel with LBD, made initrd with 3w-9xxx in it.

Created 2.7TB array in hardware.  Used parted to create partition on it.

mkfs.xfs created a filesystem on it, and we were able to mount it and
see 2.7TB on df -h.

Then we reboot, and it turns into 700GB.

Parted complains about geometry alignment upon running it again, saying
it must have been some other partitioning program that did it (because
we all know parted is perfect) :).

I'm really stuck here.  Let me know if additional information is required.

Thanks.

--
Jason Giglio
IT Coordinator