List:       launchd-dev
Subject:    [launchd-dev] 32-bit Command Line Tool and Launchd on Lion
From:       Dean Shavit <acn-lists-dean () macworkshops ! com>
Date:       2012-02-28 23:15:09

I've come across a bit of a stumper.

I've got a LaunchDaemon that runs a script every hour. I've updated the script to \
include a command line tool from a third party, but the tool's architecture is i386 \
only.

When I run the command in the terminal, as root, after using sudo -s it works fine.

If I run the command in the terminal using /bin/sh [command] it fails with a "cannot \
execute binary file" error.

If I run the command in the terminal using /bin/sh -c [command] it works.

However, if Launchd runs the script the command fails, but all other commands in the \
script work perfectly.

I suspect an evironment issue, but I can't figure it out.

Help?