List:       lartc
Subject:    [LARTC] rules not working- tables  ignored
From:       "Greg Osinaike" <gregory.osinaike () elec ! qmw ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-03-27 23:30:34

Hello,

I've been trying to implement policy routing for some time (port forwarding
with marked packets & source routing) with no success.

The trouble is that the rules i make ('ip rule fwmark 1 table mail' or
'ip rule from 10.0.0.1) are being ignored. Only the 'main' table is being
looked up and of course as their is no route there for my packets they are
being lost.

Has anyone else had this problem or could shed some light.

ThanKs!
Greg.