List:       lartc
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Ingress qdisc
From:       Andy Furniss <adf.lists () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-07-31 16:18:01

Danushka Menikkumbura wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to enable ingress qdisc on my Linux box for some
> research work that I am working on. I use the following command just
> to enable ingress qdisc on eth1 but my machine freezes so that I
> cannot setup any filters afterwards.
>
> sudo tc qdisc add dev eth1 handle 1: ingress
>
> Could someone let me know what might be the issue here please?

Don't know - it works for me - though "handle 1:" is ignored ingress
gets ffff:

I guess you could try without handle and make sure your tc version
matches your kernel.

Though saying that I am using an old tc on a newer kernel!

If you are using the latest for both maybe you should file a bug or mail
the netdev list.