List:       lartc
Subject:    Re: [LARTC] Doubts regarding classifiers available.
From:       Andy Furniss <lists () andyfurniss ! entadsl ! com>
Date:       2006-09-23 15:06:24

chaitanya wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am a newbie working on tc tool, i want to know whether we have the
> following classifiers available
>
> (1) source MAC address.
> (2) destination MAC address.
> (3) IEEE 802.1D user priority.
> (4) Ethertype (IEEE 802.3, 1998 Length/Type Field).
>
> Can any one help me in finding the help for the above classifiers.
> Thanks in advance

tc filter protocol is ethertype most examples use ip you can use a
number or all, arp etc. You need a different prio for each type.

You can also match protocol at -2 with u32/u16.
You do the same for macs with mac of target machine 00:C1:26:0F:04:AD.

tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 12: prio 1 u32 \
match u16 0x00c1 0xffff at -14 \
match u32 0x260f04ad 0xffffffff at -12 \
flowid X:Y

User priority - you'll need to tcpdump -eXX and work out what offsets work.

Andy.