List:       lartc
Subject:    Re: [LARTC] Looking for info
From:       Devanshu Mehta <mehta () ll ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2006-06-27 14:58:37

Neil Russell wrote:
> I am looking for information on how I might use a Linux box with three
> network cards to service two subnets off of a single 10Mg VPN feed.
> We have currently got two 5 offices all connected over a VPN.
Is that 2 or 5? I am assuming it is 5.
> What I would like to achieve is a single linux box with 3 network
> cards in, one on the 10Mg feed (10.0.0.1), one on the xxx.xxx.0.0
> network (xxx.xxx.100.99) and one on the yyy.yyy.0.0 network
> (yyy.yyy.100.99).
>
> With a completely clean redhat 7 install is this a simple thing to
> achieve? What sort of routing tables would I need?

I may be misunderstanding the simplicity of your problem, but since you
have 3 directly connected networks, as long as routing is enabled on the
Red Hat box, the machine should route packets correctly. If not, you can
add static routes. Something like this should be a sufficient resource:
http://www.siliconvalleyccie.com/linux-hn/network-linux.htm

If the problem is more complex than I have assumed, let me know.
Devanshu