List:       lartc
Subject:    [LARTC] Sanity Check
From:       Mike Diehl <mdiehl () diehlnet ! com>
Date:       2006-06-26 4:08:29

Hi all.

I need a sanity check.  I'm trying to setup my network to handle VoIP.  I'm
thinking that all I need to do is prioritize the realtime traffic above the
interactive and bulk traffic.  I see so much discussion about traffic
shapping, but I don't THINK this is needed, right?  I understand the problem
with bandwidth starvation, but for my application, the voip traffic has to
get out at whatever cost.

Am I missing anything?

Thanx for your time.