List:       lartc
Subject:    Re: [LARTC] tc filter can target only leaf classes?
From:       Andreas Hasenack <ahasenack () terra ! com ! br>
Date:       2006-02-26 18:22:52

Em Sáb 25 Fev 2006 08:43, Andy Furniss escreveu:
> > Why does the filter stop working? I was expecting it to keep working and
> > then I could further filter this traffic into 1:30 and 1:40 *at* 1:10.
>
> You need other filters with parent 1:10 to send to leafs below 1:10

Thanks, that was (part of) it. I had tested with other filters on 1:10, but
the problem was the filters themselves which were not correct.

Just for the record, I was using iptables MARK target to first mark packets
going to a host and then attempting to set another mark on 1:10 on the same
packets depending on the destination port so they would be sent to 1:30 or
1:40.

I now tested with u32 on 1:0 sending traffic to 1:10 and with fw on 1:10
sending packets to 1:30 and 1:40 using the iptables mark and it's working
just fine.