List:       lartc
Subject:    [LARTC] IProute2 and netfilter interactions
From:       Bradley Alexander <storm () tux ! org>
Date:       2005-10-31 22:56:24

I am trying to build a firewall and from my reading of the list archives and
other places, I'm worried about unintended interactions between iptables and
iproute2. Here is my situation

I have an internal network on eth0 and two separate dmzs on eth1 and eth2
respectively (a wireless network and a kiosk). On the outbound side, I have a
cablemodem provider and a dsl provider. What I need is to set up routing such
that the internal network goes out on the dsl, while the dmzs go out on the
cablemodem.

What would be the best approach to this configuration? Will there be any
unforseen interactions between iproute and iptables?

Thanks,
--
--Brad
Bradley M. Alexander                       |