List:       lartc
Subject:    [LARTC] [ANNOUNCE] ESFQ for Linux 2.6.13
From:       "Corey Hickey" <bugfood-ml () fatooh ! org>
Date:       2005-10-24 9:02:21

In a recent thread on this list, Robert Kurjata provided me a patch to add
hashing by iptables mark to the Linux 2.4 version of ESFQ. Thanks to that
contribution, I was able to easily add support to the 2.6 port I maintain.

I found out, however, that the existing hash algorithm results in a lot of
colllisions when the range of hashed values is small. The purturbation
spreads the collisions out a little, but the result still wasn't very
fair, especially when hashing only three fwmark values: 0, 1 and 2.

So, I wrote an alternative hash function. It's quite simple, and as long
as the range of input values is smaller than the hash table (default 1024,
up to 16384), collisions will not happen at all. See the updated README
file for more details.

Home page:
http://fatooh.org/esfq-2.6/

Direct URL:
http://fatooh.org/esfq-2.6/esfq-2.6.13.tar.gz

README (also available in the tar.gz):
http://fatooh.org/esfq-2.6/current/README

Try it out, have fun, and if you find a bug or have a suggestion please
send me an email.

-Corey