List:       lartc
Subject:    [LARTC] multihome network problem
From:       Lorenzo Grio <grio () katamail ! com>
Date:       2005-06-28 9:14:36

My firewall's configuratione is like this:

|-FW--------------------|
|            eth0 - LAN |
| IP1_ISP1 - eth1       |
| IP1_ISP2 - eth2       |
|-----------------------|

I have configured firewall as specified on
http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html and all works ok,
except for connections between my firewall and other hosts of "other" ISP.
Example:
I have two DNS with public ip adddresses, one for each ISP:

|-DNS1------------|
| IP2_ISP1 - eth0 |
|-----------------|

|-DNS2------------|
| IP2_ISP2 - eth0 |

Ping from DNS1 to IP1_ISP1 of FW is ok (response from eth1 of FW).
Ping from DNS1 to IP1_ISP2 of FW fails (response from eth1 of FW).
Ping from DNS2 to IP1_ISP1 of FW fails (response from eth2 of FW).
Ping from DNS2 to IP1_ISP2 of FW is ok (response from eth2 of FW).

This is "normal" because packets return to DNS from "the right"
interface, but in this case packets should retrun from incoming interface.

How can I solve this problem?
Thanks in advance.
Lorenzo.