List:       lartc
Subject:    Re: [LARTC] Shaping traffic on heavily oversubscribed links?
From:       Jason Boxman <jasonb () edseek ! com>
Date:       2004-11-29 2:47:15

On Thursday 25 November 2004 13:01, Chris Bennett wrote:
> Quick answer is: you can't.  You need to know the bandwidth so that you can
> control the queue.

Indeed.  I suffer from the same problem with my PPPoATM link, where my shaping
configuration assumes I'm operating over an Ethernet link when it's really
encapsulated over an ATM network.  Bandwidth available for Ethernet packets
varies depending on how many packets are going out over the link and the size
of each packet.

--

Jason Boxman
Perl Programmer / *NIX Systems Administrator