List:       lartc
Subject:    Re: [LARTC] marking passive ftp and shaping
From:       Bill Gradwohl <bill () ycc ! com>
Date:       2004-08-08 15:23:13

nix4me wrote:

> It is not working correctly, it seems to limit ALL traffic.  Cant file
> share or anything.

I'm new to traffic control, so maybe I shouldn't try to help, but you
only have 1 qdisc DEFINED to service the device. You also don't specify
a default via that definition.

According to http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/manual/userg.htm - Now
we can optionally attach queuing disciplines to the leaf classes. If
none is specified the default is pfifo.

This seems to say that you get another qdisc for your one and only
class, but where is your other traffic going? That same site shows
examples that don't rely on defaults. Maybe you should consider stating
explicitely what you want as the defaults the system is giving you may
be your problem.

--
Bill Gradwohl
bill@ycc.com