List:       lartc
Subject:    Re: [LARTC] Bandwidth Monitoring
From:       miller69 () gmx ! net
Date:       2003-08-30 8:43:49

> Is there any way to findout the bandwidth used by a client(LAN user), from
> Linux gateway server.
>
> I have to take monthly statistics of bandwidth used by a client (LAN
> user).
You could use iptables for that purpose. If you just want to monitor a
single client you have to setup a simple rule. If you want to monitor a whole
network there is an iptables extension called ipstats. I believe it's exactly
what you want then. Go to www.netfilter.org and grep the mail archives for
ipstats. There you will find some examples and a link to download ipstats. If the
link isn't valid any more I could send it to you.

Regards,
Mike