List:       lartc
Subject:    Re: [LARTC] How to mark a device not to be used with IMQ?
From:       Patrick McHardy <kaber () trash ! net>
Date:       2002-03-23 15:41:33

Hi Martin,

> good work ! It never came to my mind to use iptables for
> it but it is elegant solution :)

Thanks :)

> > Martin, maybe you want to put it on your imq page ?
>
> sure. Only thing is that it could be better if I give
> you account here so that you can edit this part yourself.
> It's because I don't know iptables much and don't want
> to mess something :)

Sure, although there's little to mess with :)

> By the way because there is growing demand it could be
> interesting to put all incoming packets into IMQ device
> too. It can be selectable by iptables. But first I have
> to finish new htb.

New htb is coming ? I'm looking forward to it ..
I tought it might be a good idea instead of using a from_imq flag
a to_imq flag would be more useful in combination with an iptables
target .. of course an ipchains target would have to be provided
too.

> If you would like to implement it I can dump my ideas to
> you ;)

Sure, sounds interesting.
Is your goal beeing able to do global ingress traffic control ?

Bye,
Patrick