List:       lartc
Subject:    Re: [LARTC] Question re: multi-homed access
From:       Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas () urgent ! rug ! ac ! be>
Date:       2002-03-22 17:15:35

Hi,

I feel stupid in having to admit this, but it seems my ISP is at fault.
They set up the wrong type of connection.  We were supposed to have a
static IP address with all ports enabled.  The installers only installed
the modem and handed me some docs, but they are for the "lite" version.
So my guess is that I'm on the standard DHCP which serves regular
customers, instead of using a static IP address (which they failed to
provide, so I have to call them for that).  Also, my guess is they block
incoming traffic < 1024 (as do some other calbe operators).

I could get connections to work with higher port numbers on the second
interface.

So, sorry for trying your patience ;) I should've realized something was
amiss because of being on a DHCP server.

Thanks again for your kind help,
Thomas

> --
> Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>

I was about to have my first sexual experience
and I wasn't even one of the players...
<-*- thomas@apestaart.org -*->