List:       l7-filter-developers
Subject:    Re: [l7-filter-developers] l7-filter does not mark any package
From:       James King <t.james.king () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-08-10 0:14:11

2010/8/6 Niccolò Belli <darkbasic4@gmail.com>:
> Il 06 agosto 2010 16:23, Florian Westphal <fw@strlen.de> ha scritto:
> It does not figure out the protocol even after some time...
>
> I am sending some traffic to l7-filter and I executed l7-filter with
> the -vvvvv option to see what it does in the code. I added some more
> print in the code to learn what it does.
> Probably packets are not associated with connections because of a
> problem in the get_conntrack_key method inside of l7-queue.
> Trying to print the key generated with l7printf(0,"KEY: ",
> key.c_str()); it prints only "KEY:". It gives also errors like "got
> packet, had no ct".

This message isn't really necessary since there's already a similar
one at the end of get_conntrack_key(), but yours was blank because
you're missing the %s format code:

> I receive that message with both NFCT_T_NEW and NFCT_T_UPDATE events
> which is a nonsense.

The logs from your original debian bugreport don't seem to be at the
highest level.  Can you post the full output of -vvvvv with some
sample traffic run past it?  Also, what version of
libnetfilter_conntrack are you using?

Cheers,
James