List:       l7-filter-developers
Subject:    [l7-filter-developers] L7-filter userspace and PID file
From:       NTPT <NTPT () seznam ! cz>
Date:       2009-10-19 11:27:53

hi all.

Please allow a specifiing of PID fie  from commandline.

Rationale: If you have a multicore CPU i thing it is wise to run a multiple instances \
of daemonized  l7-filters each bounded to single core/cpu . ie have 4 NFQUEUE using   \
-j NFQUEUE --queue-balance 1:4 for example  an then

taskset -c 1 /usr/bin/l7-filter -z  -q 1 -f /path_to_conf
taskset -c 2 /usr/bin/l7-filter -z  -q 1 -f /path_to_conf

and so on. Now the pid file is hard coded and overwritten by last started daemon.

I need to manage multiple instances of L7-filter using monit tool, because crash of \
an l7filter in userspace effectivelly block the traffic going trough the box with is \
unacceptable . And AFAIK  you need a  unique PID file  for managing daemons from \
monit.

So I suggest do add a command line option for  name and path to pid file

thanx for help and please execuse my bad english