List:       l7-filter-developers
Subject:    Re: [l7-filter-developers] userspace l7-filter terminates chain
From:       Matthew Strait <quadong () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-05-15 2:57:14

On Thu, 10 May 2007, Ethan Sommer wrote:
> Can you revert that change (or make it work again using NF_REPEAT.)

Ok, Ethan and I have decided that the problems caused by trying to use
NF_REPEAT (potential for infinite loops, wrong counter values, difficult
to explain behavior) are worse than those caused by trying to use
NF_ACCEPT (forces mark rules into a downstream chain).  Of course, what we
really want is NF_CONTINUE, but that doesn't exist.

So I have updated the documentation at
http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/HOWTO-userspace to reflect the NF_ACCEPT
behaviour.  Hopefully it is clear.  Please comment.

-matthew