List:       l7-filter-developers
Subject:    Re: [l7-filter-developers] Sugestion about l7-protocols package
From:       Jan Engelhardt <jengelh () linux01 ! gwdg ! de>
Date:       2006-12-21 20:05:57

On Dec 20 2006 19:43, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

>Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 19:43:51 +0200
>From: Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy@nobugconsulting.ro>
>To: l7-filter-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
>Subject: Re: [l7-filter-developers] Sugestion about l7-protocols package
>
>Matthew Strait wrote:
>>> I can build the RPM package and allow it to upgrade via a personal
>>> repository. The change I has to make is rename the package as:
>>>
>>> l7-protocols-2006.12.12.tar.gz
>>>
>>> And the directory as the same (without .tar.gz).
>>>
>>> Could be the package renamed as I say?
>>>
>>> I attached the .src.rpm to allow developers take a view into it and
>>> stand the changes I had proposed here.
>>>
>>> This enable many users to repackage into rpm format and keeps the
>>> repository up to date in a easy way.
>>>

>> This is because RPM can only handle version numbers that are in X.Y.Z
>> format?  Is there no other workaround for that?
>>
>you can name it anyway you want. a proper spec file can handle that.
>> I do not want to rename it in this way, because 2006-12-12 is not a
>> version number, it is a date.  Dashes are standard notation for dates.
>> But perhaps you could write a script that we put in the package that
>> handles the RPM packaging?  This script could do the renaming
>> automatically.
>>
>No need for a separate script. rpm can handle directly the tar if it
>includes a properly written .spec file. One of the requirements is to
>include the correct full name of the tar file in the .spec
>One of the most common mistakes I have seen is to deliver the file both
>as foo.tar.gz and as foo.tar.bz2, but the spec references only one of
>the names (for instance foo.tar.gz). Those who download the alternate
>(foo.tar.bz2 ) file will not be able to build a rpm directly from it
>because during the build phase rpm will try to unpack the non-existant
>foo.tar.gz and bail out.

For great justice, attached so you don't need to skim through the ftp

(From
ftp://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-jengelh/SUSE-10.2/src/l7-protocols-20061018-jen0.src.rpm
)

Name:           l7-protocols
Version:        20061018
%define xversion 2006-10-18
Release:        jen0
Group:          Productivity/Network/Security

Source:         http://heanet.dl.sf.net/sourceforge/l7-filter/%name-%xversion.tar.bz2
BuildRoot:      %_tmppath/%name-%version-build
BuildArch:      noarch
AutoReqProv:    no

%description
These are patterns (protocol definitions) for the Linux layer 7 packet
classifier (l7-filter). To use them, you need the kernel and iptables
patches available at http://sf.net/projects/l7-filter/

%prep
%setup -n %name-%xversion

%install
b="%buildroot";
rm -Rf "$b";
make install PREFIX="$b";
mkdir -p "$b/%_docdir/%name";
find "$b/etc/%name" -maxdepth 1 -type f -exec mv '{}' "$b/%_docdir/%name/" \;

%clean
rm -Rf "%buildroot";

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)