List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    [Kwrite-devel] Syntax Highlighting
From:       Scott Manson <Maniac () Alltel ! net>
Date:       2001-04-26 5:26:40

Thorsten
As the original author of the xml implementation I really like
your implementation better and I hope that you will allow us
to use it.
When I started I knew nothing about XML and now I know even less. )
I just threw the stuff together and haven't had a lot of time to get it
working.
What I would like to see as maybe a plugin is a way to "import" syntax rules
and/or new keywords. I believe Joseph Wenniger is working on something
similar as we speak.

We have run into a problem parsing source files and I don't know of a
workaround.
In a nutshell some languages's keywords can contain a symbol that can also be
used as an operator and I/we haven't figured out how we can determine which
is which.  i.e is keyword-name a keyword or is it an expression
keyword (-) minus name.

--
Maniac@alltel.net 40° 37' 9" N, 96° 57' 24" W
A single tasking guy in multi tasking world