Hej K=C3=A5re On Mon, Feb 12, 2024 at 9:34=E2=80=AFAM K=C3=A5re S=C3=A4rs wrote: > > Hi, > > On Monday, February 12, 2024 9:57:53 AM EET Dominik Haumann wrote: > > Moin! > > > > The Search in Files plugin has the feature to open a new tab by clickin= g on > > a dedicated "Add new search tab" tool button. This works, but the workf= low > > is a bit inconvenient. > > > > It just came to my mind that an easy solution would be: When CTRL+click= ing > > the "Search" button, we could open a new tab automatically (copying the > > current search options). The Ctrl+click (or Ctrl+Enter) workflow is als= o > > used e.g. in Browsers to open a link in a new tab. > > > > It would be a small but convenient change. > > > > Any takes? :-) > > > > Maybe we could add this as todo in a "Kate in 2024" gitlab issue? :-) > > > > That could be a nice new way to open a new tab... There is also the (not- > assigned) shortcut to open the search in a new tab, but if you already ha= ve > entered the search string when you decide that you want a new tab, it can= be > annoying. It opens the new tab with the selected word in the editor and t= hat > is probably not what you had in mind if you already had edited the search > string. > > So sounds like a good addition! The only problem I see is that it would b= e a > bit hard to find if you don't know it.... How would we make people aware = of the > possibility? How is it discoverable in browsers? Just tested this: not at all. I'd argue "who cares" in this case. Yes, it's not discoverable, but at the = same time, it would still be a nice workflow addition. Best regards Dominik