List:       kwrite-devel
Subject:    Re: How can i make kate behaviour go back to normal?
From:       Waqar Ahmed <waqar.17a () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-12-11 12:58:15

> It's funny how you argue that a modal dialog is bad

What's funny? And where did I say it's bad? You misunderstand things.

> completely overlay the main view with a settings view .

I suggest you go and explore how it works first.

But just for your info: you can open the settings in a split or a new
mainWindow for e.g. It just integrates a lot better. You can use the same
shortcuts that you use to switch tabs (alt-left/right) to switch between
views. We'll improve the integration even more moving forward.