On Dienstag, 8. M=E4rz 2022 10:05:21 CET Waqar Ahmed wrote: > > in the attached screenshot kate-rtes.png the filter text is "rtes", and > > although this is not anywhere visible in the results, they all are > > accepted by the filter. To me this looks clearly like a bug. > > They are accepted because they are all somewhere below ...src/dockertes= t/ > > (which contains "rtes"). >=20 > Correct. >=20 > > When I remove the search base directory for the filtering, it works > > better, > > but leads to the result as in kate-sub.png. > > The filter is "sub", and all matches are displayed, since they are all = in > > the "sub/" directory, which is visible in the names of the file items. > > But the number of matches is completely wrong then. The number of match= es > > counts how often the search time was found, and since none of the actual > > text matches matches the filter, it is zero. > > If the filtering would only test the actual content, I think this issue > > would go away. >=20 > Yes, but it removes a feature so imo not a good idea. Directory/file > filtering was one of the main reasons I added this feature :) >=20 > One big reason I didn't bother with updated row count was because this > filter is temporary and not something you should rely on to find out > how many matches there are *after* the filtering. The point is to be > able to focus on a part of the search, hence updated rowCount for me > is not useful at all. I think this should fix all issues as far as I can see :-) https://invent.kde.org/utilities/kate/-/merge_requests/663 Alex